Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.3
Editor crashes with PrefabImporter::GenerateAssetData when importing "PBR Flower Pack" Asset
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new project
2. Open the Asset Store and search for "PBR Flower Pack"
3. Download and click Import
4. After it finishes extracting the package import "orange_heptica_01.prefab", "orange_heptica_02.prefab", "pink_heptica_02.prefab" (Screenshot below)
Expected result: Selected prefabs are imported
Actual result: Editor crashes
Reproducible on: 2018.3.0a6, 2018.3.0b4, 2019.1.0a3
Not Reproducible on: 2017.4.12f1, 2018.1.9f2, 2018.2.11f1, 2018.3.0a5
Note: If importing only 2 of these prefabs (e.g pink_heptica_02.prefab and orange_heptica_02.prefab) Editor does not crash, but throws an error in the console saying:
Assertion failed on expression: 'saveFromPrefabInstance || saveFromAssetObjects'
Last 5 lines of stack trace:
0x0000000140FBE773 (Unity) PrefabImporter::GenerateAssetData
0x0000000141F3E3C9 (Unity) AssetDatabaseV1::ImportAsset
0x0000000141F50D9D (Unity) AssetDatabaseV1::UpdateAsset
0x0000000141F443A9 (Unity) AssetInterface::ProcessAssetsImplementation
0x0000000141F4F074 (Unity) AssetInterface::StopAssetEditing
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Timeline animation asset won't update
- [LWRP] VFX Graph projects have visual artifacts when viewed with certain mobile GPUs
- Particle System with custom simulation space jitters when moved/rotated in Late Update
- Preview Window in the Inspector shows the same Preview image when multiple Terrain layers are selected
- Unity 2018.3 update prompts "Click the Download Installer button" while the update button is named "Download new version"