Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.3
Unity crashes when using Vector graphic (.svd file) on Splash Screen and trying to Preview it
How to reproduce:
1. Open user's project
2. Go to Edit > Project Settings > Player
3. In the Inspector find "Splash Image" section and press "Preview"
Expected result: Unity does not crash
Actual result: Unity crashes
Reproducible with - 2018.3.0a7, 2018.2.2f1, 2018.1.9f1
Not reproducible with - 2017.4.8f1 and earlier (no support for .svg files)
Aug 09, 2018
We have fixed the crash, it was due to the sprite having no texture. The fix will be available in a future release.
Unfortunately, the splash screen does not currently support vector sprites, it only supports sprites with a texture and a simple quad mesh.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- UI references to public script functions lost on upgrade
- [Lighting] Infinitely shown error after assigning 2D texture to cubemap property of reflection probe
- Unity Crashes when importing a prefab containing missing nested prefab
- Profile Analyzer - top marker bar doesn't match calls list
- Polygon Collider 2D's "Edit Collider" button breaks if multiple inspectors are open