Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.3
Unity crashes when using Vector graphic (.svd file) on Splash Screen and trying to Preview it
How to reproduce:
1. Open user's project
2. Go to Edit > Project Settings > Player
3. In the Inspector find "Splash Image" section and press "Preview"
Expected result: Unity does not crash
Actual result: Unity crashes
Reproducible with - 2018.3.0a7, 2018.2.2f1, 2018.1.9f1
Not reproducible with - 2017.4.8f1 and earlier (no support for .svg files)
Aug 09, 2018
We have fixed the crash, it was due to the sprite having no texture. The fix will be available in a future release.
Unfortunately, the splash screen does not currently support vector sprites, it only supports sprites with a texture and a simple quad mesh.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- One Input axis does not work after using Input.ResetInputAxes() while both axes are held down
- [UWP] Build fails when the project folder name has non-ascii character.
- [Audio] DSP Buffer Size sets to Best performance when pressing trying to set to default
- [iOS] In the generated XCode project all files which are in a ".plugin" Plug-in file becomes a Folder
- [Editor][UI] Dpad is not listed in the Binding Path when Action type is Vector2