Search Issue Tracker
Unity crashes when performing large amount of redos that manipulate prefabs
How to reproduce:
1. Open new Unity project
2. In Hierarchy window, create multiple different prefabs, duplicate until you have around 10 in the Scene.
3. Perform various operations that override, apply overrides, nest, unnest, and renest the prefabs (10+). Cyclic nesting appears to make the crash a bit more consistent.
4. Undo some (or every) operations performed by holding down the Undo shortcut keys.
5. Redo some (or every) operations performed by holding down the Redo shortcut keys.
6. If no crash happens, repeat steps 3-4. Rapid repeating seems to make the crash a bit more consistent.
Expected result: No crash
Actual result: The Editor crashes
Reproducible with: 2019.4.0f1, 2019.4.29f1, 2020.3.14f1, 2021.1.16f1, 2021.2.0b4, 2022.1.0a3
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [2D] Texture 2D Array preview looks corrupted when Mip Map Filtering is set to Box at different Mip levels
- [HDRP][XR] Shadergraph tessellation work differently with XR
- Not uploading texture to the 3D API / GPU during importing has regressed StreamingTests.TextureLoad test in performance
- [Physics] The capsule jitters falling into the cracks between triangle edges
- ArgumentOutOfRangeException is thrown when right-clicking certain Hierarchy window items during Play Mode exit process