Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2
Unity crashes when applying change to a prefab imported from a UnityPackage
1. Open the attached project
2. Open the "GamePlay" scene
3. Select the "CurlCard" game object in the hierarchy
4. Press apply under 'prefab'
Result: Unity crashes with a message The file 'MemoryStream' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again! [Position out of bounds!] UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()
Workaround: export the prefab as a unity package, then import it and the crashing doesn't happen anymore, also deleting some missing script references in the editor seems to fix this as well.
I was not able to reproduce this problem in any other project (even using the same exact configuration)
Reproducible on: 5.5.0f3, 5.5.1p2, 5.6.0b7
Tested on Windows 10
Fixed in: 2018.2.0a6
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The main loop is never scheduled in 2018.x when build starts in background
- EditorApplication.isPlaying value is true when calling it in OnDisable() and Entering Play Mode
- "Entering Playmode with Reload Domain disabled" log appears when Configurable Enter Play Mode is enabled and pressing Play
- [2D] [Lost Crypt Demo] null texture passed to GUI.DrawTexture warning when opening demo
- Editor freezes and silently crashes when an object with SerializeReference is assigned an object with System.Obsolete attribute