Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Planned for 2019.4.X
Unity crashes/freezes on GfxDeviceD3D11Base::EndOfFrameBookkeeping when the Compute Shader buffer is too big
How to reproduce:
1. Download and open the attached project "Compute Shader Tests.zip"
2. Open the play mode
3. Click on the buttons starting from "F1" and ending with "F6" (this will create the different size of the array, also shown in attached video "unity_crash.mp4")
-- Unity crashes/freezes --
Reproducible with: 2019.1.7f1, 2019.2.0b6, 2019.3.0a6
Couldn't test properly on 2018.4.2f1 due to package errors
Crash reproduced on: Windows 10 Pro, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHZ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
- For more information on what is provided in this test project read up on the attached picture "compute_shaders_test.png";
- The algorithm works fine up to a certain size of the input: image dimensions 400x400 (array size of 160000), after which it crashes.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] Android build fails when targeting SDK 31 and using Build-Tools 31.0.0
- Sprite Atlas is compressed when Compress Assets on Import is disabled
- "UnityException: Unable to package apk Unity library missing for the selected architecture x86" error on android il2cpp builds
- Colors are not dilated on the edges when Alpha is Transparency parameter is enabled on the Texture
- Crash on GUIView::DoPaint when selecting color with a color picker