Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Planned for 2019.4.X
Unity crashes/freezes on GfxDeviceD3D11Base::EndOfFrameBookkeeping when the Compute Shader buffer is too big
How to reproduce:
1. Download and open the attached project "Compute Shader Tests.zip"
2. Open the play mode
3. Click on the buttons starting from "F1" and ending with "F6" (this will create the different size of the array, also shown in attached video "unity_crash.mp4")
-- Unity crashes/freezes --
Reproducible with: 2019.1.7f1, 2019.2.0b6, 2019.3.0a6
Couldn't test properly on 2018.4.2f1 due to package errors
Crash reproduced on: Windows 10 Pro, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHZ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
- For more information on what is provided in this test project read up on the attached picture "compute_shaders_test.png";
- The algorithm works fine up to a certain size of the input: image dimensions 400x400 (array size of 160000), after which it crashes.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux] Editor keeps opening online documentation after installing offline docs
- [Mac] Performance regression in Editor UI
- AccessToken expiring and not being refreshed
- Particle System uses incorrect Transform Matrices for Motion Vectors when Shadow casting is enabled
- Unity terminates with error code 0 when an exception occurs while importing a package in bach mode