Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Unity Crashes if the VFX Graph Package is removed while VFX Graph stuff exists in the Scene
A crash occurs if a particular workflow occurs with VFX Graph. Judging from the call stack this seems to be a VFX Graph bug, though it could be Package Manager related.
1) Create a new project
2) Add the VFX Graph package
3) Create a VFX Graph Asset (Assets / Create / Visual Effect / Visual Effect Graph)
4) Create a Visual Effect in the Scene (In the hierarchy: Create / Visual Effects / Visual Effect)
5) Assign the VFX Graph Asset to the Visual Effect in the Scene
6) On the Visual Effect in the Scene, Click on "Edit" - The VFX Graph Editor Window should appear
7) Remove the VFX Graph Package
Unity will then crash!
Note: HDRP package is not installed by default as it is not an explicit dependency of VFX Graph. This could be triggering a problem in the Compute Shader?
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Mouse inputs cannot be inputted when searching the Shortcuts Menu by type "Shortcut"
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags
- Inspector Asset Bundle section has no indication for Variants, AssetBundle is written without a space, and Variant dropdown menu is available without setting the Asset Bundle first