Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Unity Crashes if the VFX Graph Package is removed while VFX Graph stuff exists in the Scene
A crash occurs if a particular workflow occurs with VFX Graph. Judging from the call stack this seems to be a VFX Graph bug, though it could be Package Manager related.
1) Create a new project
2) Add the VFX Graph package
3) Create a VFX Graph Asset (Assets / Create / Visual Effect / Visual Effect Graph)
4) Create a Visual Effect in the Scene (In the hierarchy: Create / Visual Effects / Visual Effect)
5) Assign the VFX Graph Asset to the Visual Effect in the Scene
6) On the Visual Effect in the Scene, Click on "Edit" - The VFX Graph Editor Window should appear
7) Remove the VFX Graph Package
Unity will then crash!
Note: HDRP package is not installed by default as it is not an explicit dependency of VFX Graph. This could be triggering a problem in the Compute Shader?
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- “RegisterCallback<KeyUpEvent>” and “RegisterCallback<KeyDownEvent>“ callbacks are not called when pressing keys in a UI Toolkit window
- [VFX Graph] Use base color map set to none after material change in output
- [Mac] Context menu in Hierarchy is available but not functional when the Editor is out of focus
- Cursor's static properties does not change when changing the Cursor's states
- Cannot archive build for iOS using Xcode 13.3 when the project is built on a Windows machine