Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Unity Crashes if the VFX Graph Package is removed while VFX Graph stuff exists in the Scene
A crash occurs if a particular workflow occurs with VFX Graph. Judging from the call stack this seems to be a VFX Graph bug, though it could be Package Manager related.
1) Create a new project
2) Add the VFX Graph package
3) Create a VFX Graph Asset (Assets / Create / Visual Effect / Visual Effect Graph)
4) Create a Visual Effect in the Scene (In the hierarchy: Create / Visual Effects / Visual Effect)
5) Assign the VFX Graph Asset to the Visual Effect in the Scene
6) On the Visual Effect in the Scene, Click on "Edit" - The VFX Graph Editor Window should appear
7) Remove the VFX Graph Package
Unity will then crash!
Note: HDRP package is not installed by default as it is not an explicit dependency of VFX Graph. This could be triggering a problem in the Compute Shader?
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- AccessToken expiring and not being refreshed
- Poor performance when loading or unloading a large Scene
- Go wide on shader compression
- Scene is brighter in Standalone player if it was open in the Editor at build time
- [Video] "WindowsVideoMedia error unhandled Color Standard" warning when importing various video formats