Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.1
Unity crashes when saving a scene in a destination that is another scene
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open project.
2. Open Scene "Mini" in folder "_Scenes".
3. Press File -> Save Scene as..
4. In navigation bar type "...\Assets\_Scenes\Mini.unity" and press enter. <---- IMPORTANT. After typing and pressing enter, check if it ends with "\Mini.unity"
5. Set file name to "MyScene". (File name does not matter)
6. Press Save.
Expected result: Scene will be saved in folder "_Scenes".
Actual result: Unity crashes.
Reproduced on 5.3.0f4, 5.3.6f1, 5.3.7p1, 5.4.3p3, 5.5.1p1, 5.6.0b6.
Regression found in 5.3.
Works fine in 5.2.5f1.
It was reproduced on Windows 10.
Make sure that .unity files are opened by Unity.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Wrong depth texture when using SetTargetBuffers when anti-aliasing is higher than 1
- .NET 4.6 EqualityComparer.Equals yields different results from .NET 3.5 on UnityEngine.Object
- Adding a specific script to gameObject crashes editor
- Crashes while undo changes after editing two scenes in Hierarchy Window and remove one without save
- Unsigned Long (ulong) value input range is identical to Long in Inspector