Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.1.X
Unity crashes when saving a scene in a destination that is another scene
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open project.
2. Open Scene "Mini" in folder "_Scenes".
3. Press File -> Save Scene as..
4. In navigation bar type "...\Assets\_Scenes\Mini.unity" and press enter. <---- IMPORTANT. After typing and pressing enter, check if it ends with "\Mini.unity"
5. Set file name to "MyScene". (File name does not matter)
6. Press Save.
Expected result: Scene will be saved in folder "_Scenes".
Actual result: Unity crashes.
Reproduced on 5.3.0f4, 5.3.6f1, 5.3.7p1, 5.4.3p3, 5.5.1p1, 5.6.0b6.
Regression found in 5.3.
Works fine in 5.2.5f1.
It was reproduced on Windows 10.
Make sure that .unity files are opened by Unity.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- A vertical graphical artifact appears on Android Player when clearing Z & Stencil Buffer and running with OpenGLES3 Graphics API
- Player crashes when built with IL2CPP Scripting backend
- TextMeshPro package throws multiple Shader errors when importing TMP Essential Resources
- Package Manager search text field has no validation and leads to Editor freezes
- PlayerLoop.SetPlayerLoop() function is ignored when playing game in Player