Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
Fixed in 2018.2.X
Unity can't open any project and produces UnityShaderCompiler malloc errors when ran from Downloads folder
How to reproduce:
1. Copy a Unity install to the Downloads folder
2. Start Unity
3. Open a new project
4. After some time loading, Unity freezes with these errors being repeated in the log console:
UnityShaderCompiler(32348,0x7fff91637340) malloc: *** mach_vm_map(size=9223372036854775808) failed (error code=3)
*** error: can't allocate region
*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
This is due to some processes being put in quarantine by Mac OS.
Reproducible on 2018.2 and early 2018.3 builds on Mac OS High Sierra
Fixed in 2018.3.0a1 (2018.2 will be patched soon)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Mouse inputs cannot be inputted when searching the Shortcuts Menu by type "Shortcut"
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags
- Inspector Asset Bundle section has no indication for Variants, AssetBundle is written without a space, and Variant dropdown menu is available without setting the Asset Bundle first