Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3
Fixed in 2018.2
Unity can't open any project and produces UnityShaderCompiler malloc errors when ran from Downloads folder
How to reproduce:
1. Copy a Unity install to the Downloads folder
2. Start Unity
3. Open a new project
4. After some time loading, Unity freezes with these errors being repeated in the log console:
UnityShaderCompiler(32348,0x7fff91637340) malloc: *** mach_vm_map(size=9223372036854775808) failed (error code=3)
*** error: can't allocate region
*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
This is due to some processes being put in quarantine by Mac OS.
Reproducible on 2018.2 and early 2018.3 builds on Mac OS High Sierra
Fixed in 2018.3.0a1 (2018.2 will be patched soon)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Reflection probe bounces don't work when Rendering Path is set to 'Deferred'
- Organizations are not displayed in the Services window
- Shader effect with specific view disappears when multiple materials in scene are present
- [Wild Crash] Editor crashes on mono_aot_get_cached_class_info when GizmoSetup has cached an outdated data
- [IMGUI] None,ScriptOnly and Full properties of stack trace are misaligned