Search Issue Tracker
[VCS] Unity 5.3: "ProjectSettings is modified" dialog frequently pops up when starting a build
The "Verify saving assets" option is useful for catching cases where the TFS Plugin silently fails to check out modified content. Unfortunately, having this option enabled exposes bugs in Unity where settings files are unnecessarily overwritten, resulting in extra wasted time dismissing popups.
Repro Rate: 5/10 - 50%
1. Launch Unity 5.1 editor
2. Click Edit -> Preferences
3. Make sure Verify Saving Assets is checked
4. File -> Build Settings
5. Set configuration like this:
Platform = Windows Store
SDK = Universal 10
UAP Build Type = XAML
Uncheck all three boxes
6. Select HoloStudio's checked-in WindowsStoreApp directory as the build target
Result: Annoying dialog pops up most of the time
Title: Save Assets
Text: Unity is about to save the following modified files. Unsaved changes will be lost!
If you look at the diff of the ProjectSettings.asset file, nothing is actually changing from the checked-in version. This looks like a case where Unity engine code is aggressively dirtying the in-memory settings file state despite no actual changes being made.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [2D Game kit] "Import parameters got modified during import" error is thrown when opening up the project for the first time
- Building subscenes without platform package doesn't work
- Picking stacked objects always selects prefab
- Crash on DebugStringToFilePostprocessedStacktrace when loading/unloading scenes on GetLightmapSettings() returning null pointer
- [macOS]Hinge Joint with Mesh Collider causes a crash on a specific project