Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.3.14f1, 2022.1.19f1
Unity 2021.3 / ARF 5.0-pre.12 layout-specific graphics driver crash on Intel MacBook Pro
Using the Menu scene from the ARF Samples project with the following configuration, the Editor crashes upon entering XR Simulation mode if one of the included Editor window layout files is used. However, a similar layout file is also included; this one enables XR Sim mode to occur without crashing.
This crash repros consistently, though sometimes the Unity Bug Reporter appears and sometimes it does not.
This crash does not occur using Unity 2022.2.0b1. It also does not occur on Mac M1.
This crash occurs in pre.12 and pre.13.
See screenshots below, and native stack trace in Editor.log attached.
+How to See the Bug+
Download the two Editor windows layout files (with .wlt extension); see attached.
Download v5.0.0-pre.12 or v5.0.0-pre.13 version of the ARF Samples project that is located at the [AR Foundation Samples Github page|https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/arfoundation-samples] and open it in Unity 2021.3.
Load the Menu scene (located at Assets/Scenes/ARFoundationMenu/Menu.unity).
Use the Layout button in the top right corner of the Editor to load crashes.wlt.
Press the Play button to enter XR Simulation mode.
Unity crashes; this is the bug.
If you repeat these steps except you load works.wlt instead, then you can enter XR Sim mode without crashing.
ARF Samples project, Menu scene with custom layout
Built In RP
Intel MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2019)
This layout crashes:
This layout works:
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android][Vulcan] "UNITY_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION_PRETRANSFORM" is always 0 when the render pipeline is URP
- Editor loads for a long time when doing an Undo action in a large Shader Graph
- Memory leak when building AssetBundles
- [Asset Bundle] AudioSource output field not staying connected correctly when loaded from Asset Bundle
- [Android] Duolashock4 controller is not detected after disconnecting and reconnecting controller while the Player is running in the background