Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
Uninformative "failed to create 2D texture" error when creating RGBAHalf or RGBAFloat texture in linear color space
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "778324.zip"
2. Open scene "TestScene"
3. Run it
4. Notice "failed to create 2D texture" which doesn't point to any script and is uninformative
Note: If we use different Texture2D constructor which also accepts color space as parameter then this error isn't present, but no matter which constructor is used, initial texture is always black. Also, Although error that texture generation failed is printed, one can access all properties of texture (width, height etc.).
Reproduced with: 5.1.4f1, 5.2.4f1, 5.3.3p3, 5.4.0b10
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [URP] Light Probe Group cells are always rendered at (0,0,0)
- Color32 Picker Context Menu will always display in the left corner regardless of where the mouse click is positioned
- Reflection probes must be rebaked twice to update when using "Generate Lighting" button
- [Linux] Can't drag tabs across window boundaries from one container window to another
- Baked cookies are offset between GPU and CPU lightmapper