Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
Uninformative "failed to create 2D texture" error when creating RGBAHalf or RGBAFloat texture in linear color space
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "778324.zip"
2. Open scene "TestScene"
3. Run it
4. Notice "failed to create 2D texture" which doesn't point to any script and is uninformative
Note: If we use different Texture2D constructor which also accepts color space as parameter then this error isn't present, but no matter which constructor is used, initial texture is always black. Also, Although error that texture generation failed is printed, one can access all properties of texture (width, height etc.).
Reproduced with: 5.1.4f1, 5.2.4f1, 5.3.3p3, 5.4.0b10
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Fields are not focused correctly when using UI Builder
- UNITY_SERVER scripting define does not work when switching to Dedicated Server from Windows by script
- Mesh.CombineMeshes discards empty sub-meshes when 'mergeSubmeshes' is set to false
- [Linux] MacOS build fails for every architecture when the project contains a "StreamingAssets" folder with empty an "yaml" file
- Property drawers do not always update height correctly when expanded via iteration