Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
Uninformative "failed to create 2D texture" error when creating RGBAHalf or RGBAFloat texture in linear color space
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "778324.zip"
2. Open scene "TestScene"
3. Run it
4. Notice "failed to create 2D texture" which doesn't point to any script and is uninformative
Note: If we use different Texture2D constructor which also accepts color space as parameter then this error isn't present, but no matter which constructor is used, initial texture is always black. Also, Although error that texture generation failed is printed, one can access all properties of texture (width, height etc.).
Reproduced with: 5.1.4f1, 5.2.4f1, 5.3.3p3, 5.4.0b10
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode