Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.4.0
Uninformative "failed to create 2D texture" error when creating RGBAHalf or RGBAFloat texture in linear color space
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "778324.zip"
2. Open scene "TestScene"
3. Run it
4. Notice "failed to create 2D texture" which doesn't point to any script and is uninformative
Note: If we use different Texture2D constructor which also accepts color space as parameter then this error isn't present, but no matter which constructor is used, initial texture is always black. Also, Although error that texture generation failed is printed, one can access all properties of texture (width, height etc.).
Reproduced with: 5.1.4f1, 5.2.4f1, 5.3.3p3, 5.4.0b10
All about bugs
- [Scripting] Input Action fails to re-enable after disabled.
- [MacOS] "Bloom" does not work in Standalone Build
- Mesh.CombineMeshes result has different normals if the original mesh has tweaked normals and scale
- [Hub] In licence error screen https://unity3d.com/unity/err/license redirects to not found website