Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
Uninformative "failed to create 2D texture" error when creating RGBAHalf or RGBAFloat texture in linear color space
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "778324.zip"
2. Open scene "TestScene"
3. Run it
4. Notice "failed to create 2D texture" which doesn't point to any script and is uninformative
Note: If we use different Texture2D constructor which also accepts color space as parameter then this error isn't present, but no matter which constructor is used, initial texture is always black. Also, Although error that texture generation failed is printed, one can access all properties of texture (width, height etc.).
Reproduced with: 5.1.4f1, 5.2.4f1, 5.3.3p3, 5.4.0b10
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shader error db grows on each build
- Android ARCore build fails with 2019.4 due to outdated Gradle
- [tvOS] Visual artifacts are present when Ambient Occlusion is enabled and Dynamic Resolution is reduced
- Texture Importer Inspector throws errors when a built-in texture inspector is overwritten in C#
- Invalid AABB error is thrown when moving a Particle with Velocity over Lifetime and Limit Velocity over Lifetime modules