Search Issue Tracker
Undo Keyboard shortcut does not work if focused on the Scene View after editing Grid Mesh's position via script
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "SampleScene" in the attached "TestShortcutBug.zip" project
2. Double Click on "GridMesh" GameObject to focus on it
3. Move the GridMesh in the Y direction using the Gizmo in the Scene View
4. Make sure you are focusing the Scene View
5. Use CTRL+Z(CMD+Z on the Mac) to Undo the movement
Expected result: The Undo is successful
Actual result: The Undo Shortcut does not work when focused on the Scene View
Reproducible with: 2018.3.0a6, 2018.3.5f1, 2019.1.0b3, 2019.2.0a5
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.20f1, 2018.3.0a5
Note: The Undo works if you focus on the Editor first before using the Shortcut. You can Do the same with the "Cube(1)" GameObject in the Scene and it will work as expected.
Since 2018.3 key events are first forwarded to the active EditorWindow, and if not used are then forwarded to the shortcut manager. The issue was on the user script, where it was using all keydown events, instead of only the ones that its actually processing.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [GraphView] Nodes are displayed white on Linux
- [Interactions] Some Interactions don't have the correct startTime, time and duration in callbackContext.
- [Interactions] InputAction.CallbackContext.interaction does not hold the correct value, when it is set to Default.
- [Editor] When Preference window is open, exiting Playmode generates NullReferenceException.
- [Addressables] Models have deformations when they are imported from AssetBundle and Play Mode Script is set to Packed Play mode