Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2
Fixed in 2017.4, 2018.1
UnauthorizedAccessException when script updater tries to update non checked out file, causes infinite compilation loop
Steps to reproduce:
1. Set up perforce server and workspace
2. Add attached project to workspace
3. Open it using unity 2017.1.1f1 (or any other 2017.1, point is not to trigger API updater yet)
4. Enable VCS in project
5. Add "gameObject.light.color = Color.red" to HxVolumetricCamera.cs script's Start() and submit project to perforce server (if API updater pops up - cancel it for now)
6. Close and reopen project
7. When API updater window pops up - run updater.
8. Notice few unauthorized access exceptions and then NullReferenceException arising from compilation.
Note: you can skip adding "gameObject.light.color = Color.red" if you want to repro issue on 2018.1/2018.2 - project already has some code that will trigger API updater on those versions
Reproduced with: 2017.1.3p1, 2017.2.2f1, 2017.3.1p2, 2018.1.0.b9
Partially reproducible: 2018.2.0a3 (db66e9789be1)
By partially I mean that exceptions/loop will still be there until editor window is focused again - once editor is in focus window saying that scripts are recompiling will pop up and after couple of seconds exceptions will stop
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sub Emitter particle's width is twice its height when Separate Axes in the Size over Lifetime module is enabled and set to 1
- Animation does not play correctly when Optimized Game Object functionality is used and a Child GameObject is added to bone
- An object created via "Create Empty Child" of Hierarchy panel in Prefab Mode is always a child of the main prefab
- [VCS] Version Control window could use a search field to filter down contents
- [VCS] Importing .unitypackage with version control enabled fails