Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
[UIR] R32G32B32A32_SFloat Not Supported on OpenGL ES 3.0 and 3.1
With OpenGL ES 3.0 and 3.1, when the device supportes texture sampling from the vertex shader, we store the shader info data in a RGBAFloat texture. Some devices may not support RGBAFloat, which results in exceptions that prevent UIToolkit from working, as it has been reported here:
-Create a UIDocument with a ScrollView.
-Build for Android
-Run on an Android device that supports texture sampling from the vertex shader but does not support RGBAFloat
Expected Result: Should work perfectly
Actual Result: The ListView is not displayed, logcat reveals exceptions related to the support of RGBAFloat
This issue also affects the editor when using GLES 3.0 or 3.1 without extensions. This is a regression although this mode is not used often.
Alternate repro steps:
-Launch the editor with the options "-force-gles30 -force-clamped" or "-force-gles31 -force-clamped"
-The editor throws exceptions all over the place.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shadows flickering when a Mesh's Cast Shadows are set to Shadows Only and Camera is moving with Spotlight
- AudioMixer exposed parameters cause assertions when hidden and prevent the drop-down from functioning
- Package Manager/My Assets: 401 Response code trying to download a paid asset store package
- TrailRenderer.SetPosition will log a Index out of bounds error when index is in bounds of the positionCount property
- [URP] Graphics.DrawMeshInstancedIndirect rendering correctly after clicking an another application/refreshing Assets