Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
[UIR] R32G32B32A32_SFloat Not Supported on OpenGL ES 3.0 and 3.1
With OpenGL ES 3.0 and 3.1, when the device supportes texture sampling from the vertex shader, we store the shader info data in a RGBAFloat texture. Some devices may not support RGBAFloat, which results in exceptions that prevent UIToolkit from working, as it has been reported here:
-Create a UIDocument with a ScrollView.
-Build for Android
-Run on an Android device that supports texture sampling from the vertex shader but does not support RGBAFloat
Expected Result: Should work perfectly
Actual Result: The ListView is not displayed, logcat reveals exceptions related to the support of RGBAFloat
This issue also affects the editor when using GLES 3.0 or 3.1 without extensions. This is a regression although this mode is not used often.
Alternate repro steps:
-Launch the editor with the options "-force-gles30 -force-clamped" or "-force-gles31 -force-clamped"
-The editor throws exceptions all over the place.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [URP] Exceeding the platform's supported light limit gives shadow distortion when using Deferred Rendering Path
- URP Sample Buffer Image Tile is moved when the Offset Value is changed
- Static constructor in a struct returns false when running tests with IL2CPP
- Console throws warnings and a MissingReferenceException error for XR packages when doing a clean project import
- [Linux][IL2CPP] Dedicated server crashes when calling Socket.Send
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
Fixed in 2021.2.0a7
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.1):
Fixed in 2021.1.0b9
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.3):
Fixed in 2020.3.6f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.4):
Fixed in 2019.4.25f1