Search Issue Tracker
[UI][UX][VideoClip] There's no proper way to know that VideoClip is not supported on WebGL
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project
2. Open "Video Scene" scene
3. Observe Cube game object and VideoPlayer component
Expected result: There's a warning in UI that VideoClip is not supported on WebGL
Actual result: No issues with component
4. Build & Run project on WebGL
Expected result: Video Plays as expected
Actual result: "Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)" error spamming console.
The Expected Error: should inform the user that VideoClip is not supported on WebGL. Use URL
Also, there's no mention of this issue in the public documentation:
Expected result: Mention WebGL limitation in VideoClip property description
Reproducible on: 2021.2.7f1, 2022.1.0b2, 2022.2.0a1
- I noticed the "AudioClip is not supported on WebGL. User URL" warning only once in the console. I suppose while building after deleting the Library folder and never saw it again.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [VFX/Timeline] Wrap Mode Loop is only playing VFX once
- Package Manager doesn't start on Windows 7
- [HDRP] [DXR] Shadowmatte doesn't support RT shadows
- [HDRP] TAAU@100% and TAA produces different results
- [HDRP] APV debug mode Validity Over Dilation Threshold doesnt take touchup volumes in account