Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 1.0.0-preview.18
Found in [Package]
[UI Toolkit][IL2CPP] UI is not visible when in built Player and serialization errors are thrown
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project's Scene labeled "SampleScene"
2. Make a WebGL build or a windows IL2CPP build
3. Host the built Player
4. Open the WebGL Player in a browser
5. Inspect the canvas
Expected result: UI elements are drawn to the canvas
Actual result: UI is not rendered and multiple errors are thrown:
"A scripted object (probably UnityEngine.UIElements.ThemeStyleSheet?) has a different serialization layout when loading. (Read 56 bytes but expected 136 bytes)
Did you #ifdef UNITY_EDITOR a section of your serialized properties in any of your scripts?"
Reproducible with: 1.0.0-preview.16 (2020.3.17f1, 2021.1.18f1), 2021.2.0b9, 2022.1.0a6
Couldn't test with: 2019.4.29f1 (UI Toolkit is not available)
- Used the UXML file from 2021.2.0b7 on affected versions
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform