Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2
[UI] GetMaterial function of the CanvasRenderer class always returns material at index 0
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached “GetMaterial.zip” Unity project
2. Open “Main” scene
3. Select "Text" object (child of Canvas) in Hierarchy
4. Enter Play mode
5. Observe Material Temp value in the attached script component in Inspector
GetComponent<CanvasRenderer>().GetMaterial(1); returns the material at index 1 and Material Temp value is ‘Mat2'
GetComponent<CanvasRenderer>().GetMaterial(1); returns the material at index 0 and Material Temp value is ‘Mat1'
Reproduced in: 2018.1.0a7, 2017.3.0f1, 2017.2.0p4, 2017.1.2p3, 5.6.4p3, 5.5.5p1, 5.5.0a6, 5.4.6f3
Fixed in: 2018.2.0a1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Awake is called in a different order when IProcessSceneWithReport.OnProcessScene() is called in the Editor and the Build
- LightEvent.AfterShadowMap CommandBuffer events are not being called when race condition occurs
- GUI Items are not found and highlighted when using Highligher.Highlight() method
- Opening a nested Prefab consisting of two prefabs results in a corrupted and broken prefab which becomes a Prefab variant.
- Visual C# Compiler fails to locate assembly if response file compiler argument path contains spaces