Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2
[UI] GetMaterial function of the CanvasRenderer class always returns material at index 0
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached “GetMaterial.zip” Unity project
2. Open “Main” scene
3. Select "Text" object (child of Canvas) in Hierarchy
4. Enter Play mode
5. Observe Material Temp value in the attached script component in Inspector
GetComponent<CanvasRenderer>().GetMaterial(1); returns the material at index 1 and Material Temp value is ‘Mat2'
GetComponent<CanvasRenderer>().GetMaterial(1); returns the material at index 0 and Material Temp value is ‘Mat1'
Reproduced in: 2018.1.0a7, 2017.3.0f1, 2017.2.0p4, 2017.1.2p3, 5.6.4p3, 5.5.5p1, 5.5.0a6, 5.4.6f3
Fixed in: 2018.2.0a1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- LineRenderer points lists suffers from performance issues when list is large
- Shaders take a lot of memory at runtime even when only one variant is used
- Lego Microgame crashes the Linux Editor at "ScanFilter::Merge" when selecting a WebGL build location
- GameObject reference is null when creating it inside Reset() function and assigning Script as component
- GameObject/Prefab inspector preview is slow for complex hierarchies