Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
UI Elements Value Change Callbacks for bound fields happen before the new value is applied to the fields
1. Open user's project "UI Toolkit Bug Repro.zip"
2. Open "SampleScene" Scene
3. Click on "Parent1" in the Hierarchy window and look at the Inspector window
4. Change Sorting Layer of "Control Child Settings" Script from "Default" to "Foreground"
5. Notice how child GameObject (red circle) doesn't come to the foreground
6. Change Sorting Layer of "Control Child Settings" Script from "Foreground" to "Background"
7. Notice how child GameObject (red circle) comes to the foreground
Expected result: Upon change of parent GameObject's Sorting Layer, child GameObjects get updated to the same settings as parent GameObject
Actual result: Upon change of parent GameObject's Sorting Layer, child GameObjects get updated to the old settings of parent GameObject
Reproducible with: 2019.4.23f1, 2020.3.2f1, 2021.1.1f1, 2021.2.0a11
Couldn't test with: 2018.4.33f1 (couldn't downgrade to a functioning project)
1) Changing Color of "Control Child Settings" Script has the same issue
2) There are additional debug messages in the console after the 4th and 6th steps that show how settings get applied
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Missing Device Simulator API
- Shadow gets cut off when in Play Mode and using shader "Shader Graph/Rotation Shader" for material
- Unable to get textureOverrideSettings from BuildPipeline.GetBuildTargetName when trying to pass in the platform string
- Getting the current process name returns Null when building with IL2CPP
- Documentation page is not displayed for the user when he clicks on "Open Reference for SceneTemplateAsset" question mark