Search Issue Tracker
Fix In Review for 2022.2.X
[Ubuntu 20.04] [Mac] .unitypackage files cannot be imported using the Project Window
1. Create a new project
2. From Hierarchy drag any GameObject to the Project window to make a prefab
3. Right-click on it and go Export Package -> Export and choose save location, save
4. Delete the prefab in Unity
5. Try to drag the prefab from the OS file browser into the Unity Project window
Expected result: the asset gets imported
Actual result: nothing happens
Reproducible with: 2019.4.33f1, 2020.3.24f1, 2021.2.4f1, 2022.1.0a1, 2022.1.0a16
Was able to repro with with Windows and version 2022.1.0a13 (my currently latest installed version). This is fixed on Windows in 2022.2.0a1.176.
Tested on Mac:
Does not repro with : latest 22.2, 21.2.7f1, 20.3.25f1, 2019.4.34f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform