Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.2
Two particle effect draw calls do not batch together
1. Run scene in attached ParticleBatching.zip
2. After a few seconds click Enable in the Frame Debugger
3. In the Transparent Geometry section highlight the two "Draw Dynamic" calls. The reason for the batch breaking is listed as:
"Objects have different batching keys. This is usually caused by using different vertex streams on Particle Systems, or by mixing Lines and Trails, or by mixing lit and unlit geometry."
not a regression, happens 5.6 and in 2017
Issue: Batching key not set until a particle emits its first particle. (Richard K)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Baking Lightmap erases existing Additional Vertex Streams
- [Timeline] Changing the Emit Signal property of a Signal Emitter does not mark the Timeline as dirty
- Slow editor shutdown when baking with progressive lightmapper
- ShaderGraph ColorMask material on RenderTexture is transparent while in Game View opaque
- [MacOS] Windows that are unattached are hidden behind Editor when the Editor Window is focused