Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
[UWP] Input Field/TMP display text isn't properly updated during IME composition
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached " TMPBug.zip" project
2. Open the "SampleScene2" scene
3. Build to UWP
4. Open built the solution in Visual Studio
5. Add the "Chinese (Simplified, China) Microsoft Pinyin" keyboard in Settings on the HoloLens 2
6. Start Debugging on Remote Machine (Debug and ARM64)
7. Click on the "TMP input field" field
8. Switch to the Chinese keyboard
9. Make sure the lower left side of the keyboard shows "中" instead of "英"
10. Type "zhong" on the keyboard
Actual result: Only the last character typed is shown (the string shown in the input field is z -> h -> o -> n -> g).
Expected result: All typed characters are shown ( z -> zh -> zho -> zhon -> zhong)
Reproducible with: 2019.4.18f1 (2.1.1), 2020.2.2f1 (3.0.1), 2021.1.2f1 (3.0.1), 2021.2.0a2 (3.0.3)
- Not able to reproduce on 2018.4, because of project breaking
This applies to all UWP and not just HoloLens and impacts both uGUI's InputField in addition to TMP.
Updating the bug accordingly.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Editor crashes when loading RenderDoc with Graphics API set to OpenGLES2 or OpenGLES3
- [Windows] Development Build with no scenes shows a purple screen when using OpenGLES3 graphics API
- Shader variants take too much memory at runtime
- [HDRP][VFX] Output mesh with default shader is incorrectly sorted before the HDRP fog
- Error "'GamepadSpeakerOutputType' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine'" occurs in the Console when building a project