Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
[UWP] Input Field/TMP display text isn't properly updated during IME composition
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached " TMPBug.zip" project
2. Open the "SampleScene2" scene
3. Build to UWP
4. Open built the solution in Visual Studio
5. Add the "Chinese (Simplified, China) Microsoft Pinyin" keyboard in Settings on the HoloLens 2
6. Start Debugging on Remote Machine (Debug and ARM64)
7. Click on the "TMP input field" field
8. Switch to the Chinese keyboard
9. Make sure the lower left side of the keyboard shows "中" instead of "英"
10. Type "zhong" on the keyboard
Actual result: Only the last character typed is shown (the string shown in the input field is z -> h -> o -> n -> g).
Expected result: All typed characters are shown ( z -> zh -> zho -> zhon -> zhong)
Reproducible with: 2019.4.18f1 (2.1.1), 2020.2.2f1 (3.0.1), 2021.1.2f1 (3.0.1), 2021.2.0a2 (3.0.3)
- Not able to reproduce on 2018.4, because of project breaking
This applies to all UWP and not just HoloLens and impacts both uGUI's InputField in addition to TMP.
Updating the bug accordingly.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Scene is brighter in Standalone player if it was open in the Editor at build time
- [Android] APP becomes unresponsive and crashes with ANR errors
- Replace no longer replaces when using incremental pipeline
- [LightProbes] Individual light probe gizmos are no longer visible
- Input.GetKey() returns true for Alt key after Alt+Tabbing and reopening Build during Coroutine