Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Timeline's animation with textures memory is not unloaded when a new empty scene is loaded
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "LeakTest.zip" and scene "SampleScene"
2. Enter Play mode
3. Press space and wait 5 seconds for GC.Collect and UnloadUnused Assets to happen automatically in the blank (red) scene
4. Open the Unity Memory Profiler (Windows -> Anaylsis -> Memory Profiler)
5. Connect using the top-left dropdown to the Standalone Player and press Capture
6. In the memory capture click on the Texture2D portion of the graph.
7. Observe allocated textures
Expected result: "sactx-2048x2048-DXT5-rash-57093698" is not in memory
Actual result: "sactx-2048x2048-DXT5-rash-57093698" is in memory
Reproducible with: 2019.4.1f1, 2020.1.0b13, 2020.2.0a15 (Timeline 1.3.3, 1.4.0-preview.7)
Could not test with: 2018.4.23f1 (unrelated package manager errors)
*Reproducible in Editor and Standalone
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- FP32 is used for a temporary when compiling a shader for GLES or Vulkan
- The highlight that was created with Highlighter.Highlight does not disappear when the window is closed with the element
- [URP] CommandBuffer warnings thrown while debugging Depth Overlays with Post-processing enabled in Rendering Debugger
- An Unhandled exception is thrown in the Editor.log and Console window when trying to build AssetBundles
- InterlockedExchange function throws an error when using floats as arguments