Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1
Fixed in 2018.3
[Timeline] TimelinePlayable constructor uses JIT method in Mono .NET 3.5 which is invalid for AOT platforms (PS4/Xbox/iOS)
How to reproduce:
1. Create a timeline playable asset.
2. Create a new scene and add a new Playable Director referencing your playable asset.
3. Target & build for any AOT platform.
4. Once deployed onto the AOT platform, observe the console output.
Expected result: No error.
ExecutionEngineException: Attempting to JIT compile method 'System.Collections.Generic.List`1<UnityEngine.IntervalTree`1/Entry<UnityEngine.Timeline.RuntimeElement>>:.ctor ()' while running with --aot-only. at UnityEngine.IntervalTree`1[UnityEngine.Timeline.RuntimeElement]..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at UnityEngine.Timeline.TimelinePlayable..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at (wrapper managed-to-native)
PlayableAsset returned a null Playable on Instantiate (Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Modules/Director/PlayableDirector.cpp Line: 346)
Regression first introduced in - 2018.3.1f1
Reproducible with - 2018.3.2f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Building subscenes without platform package doesn't work
- Picking stacked objects always selects prefab
- OnValueChange persistent listeners are not being called when "Enter Play Mode Settings" options is checked
- [Textures] CubemapArray API forces duplicate code because you cannot access individual cubemaps directly
- [UIR] Certain items in the window bounce/flicker when resizing the window and the display scaling is set to 125% or 150%