Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1
Fixed in 2018.3
[Timeline] TimelinePlayable constructor uses JIT method in Mono .NET 3.5 which is invalid for AOT platforms (PS4/Xbox/iOS)
How to reproduce:
1. Create a timeline playable asset.
2. Create a new scene and add a new Playable Director referencing your playable asset.
3. Target & build for any AOT platform.
4. Once deployed onto the AOT platform, observe the console output.
Expected result: No error.
ExecutionEngineException: Attempting to JIT compile method 'System.Collections.Generic.List`1<UnityEngine.IntervalTree`1/Entry<UnityEngine.Timeline.RuntimeElement>>:.ctor ()' while running with --aot-only. at UnityEngine.IntervalTree`1[UnityEngine.Timeline.RuntimeElement]..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at UnityEngine.Timeline.TimelinePlayable..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at (wrapper managed-to-native)
PlayableAsset returned a null Playable on Instantiate (Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Modules/Director/PlayableDirector.cpp Line: 346)
Regression first introduced in - 2018.3.1f1
Reproducible with - 2018.3.2f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Editor freezes when recompiling scrips in Play Mode
- Shuriken particles depth offset is not working(has no affect) when 'Renderer Alignment' is set to 'View'
- [InputSystem] InputSystem is not initialized when run in `-batchmode`
- Assertion failed on expression: 'rs->textureID == realRS->textureID'
- Asset path and filename is missing when warning about self-intersecting polygon is thrown