Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.3.0f3
[Timeline] Object transforms reset to initial values when deselected
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached Unity Project "TimelineBug.zip"
2. Load Scene "Room1"
3. Select Cube in the Hierarchy
4. Open Window->Timeline Editor
5. In the Timeline Editor, create a new Timeline asset
6. Record any animation while making sure that the first frame of the animation has the cube visibly offset from its starting position (will be easier to compare later)
7. Select any other object in the Hierarchy/Save project/Switch to another tab from Timeline
Expected result: the object's transforms are overridden by the Timeline
Actual result: the object jumps back to where it was located before Timeline animation (TimelineJump.gif)
Reproducible with: 2017.1.0b2, 2017.1.0b6, 2017.1.0f3, 2017.2.0b5
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Static constructor in a struct returns false when running tests with IL2CPP
- Console throws warnings and a MissingReferenceException error for XR packages when doing a clean project import
- [Linux][IL2CPP] Dedicated server crashes when calling Socket.Send
- [2D URP] Documentation link on 3D Renderer Data doesn't work
- Depth is not rendered in a depth-only camera which is set up by a custom script
Oct 10, 2021 20:12
A piece of advice to students! It is always good to understand the concepts behind any procedure especially in programming assignments. However, if caught up by the deadline, do not hesitate to seek help for the <a href = "bestwritingbay.com>best custom writing services</a>.
Aug 18, 2020 16:48
good one <a href="https://www.lyricsauto.com">lyricsauto</a>
Aug 10, 2020 12:36
Pity on me, I was doing that wrong and now after reading authentic method of Object transforms reset I can reset it now. I get my programming assignment done by https://www.bestessays.com/programming.php website online. Hopefully people can do it now rather doing it in a wrong way.
Jun 01, 2020 23:53
Still persists with 2019.3.15f1 timeline will reset to 0,0,0 coordinates when started.
Jan 16, 2020 12:40
This problem still appears at 2019.2.6, it can be countered by closing and reopening the animation timeline. Why is this happening though? We surely would require a complete overhaul of animation workflow, the system is fine if you dont really require a huge amount of complex movement but if that's the case the current workflow is somewhat painful.
Jan 26, 2018 10:32
Hey! I am having the same but it resets to 0 of transform.
Aug 04, 2017 04:54
Have the same, but my object transforms are overridden in a way that the asset to moved to a position that feels random in the scene.