Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.1.X
[Timeline] Changes to materials during animation recording affect every object using the same material
Steps to reproduce:
1.Open attached ‘MaterialRecord.zip' Unity project
2.Open scene ‘Test’
3.Select ‘Cube’ object in Hierarchy
4.Go to Window->Timeline
5.Enable Recording mode in Timeline window
6.Change material color in inspector
Only recorded object is affected by material changes
Every object with the same material is affected by material changes
Reproduced in: 2017.3.0b1, 2017.2.0f1, 2017.1.1p2, 2017.1.0f1
Note: Changes made to the material during the Timeline animation recording are applied to the material asset. Animation window recording material changes only affect the selected object and original material values are not lost.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform