Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Trunk fix
Found in [Package]
[Tilemap] Crash when upgrading project to newer version of URP
After upgrading Pixel Perfect Adventures from 2019.3.0b8 (URP 7.1.6) to 2019.3.0f4 (URP 7.1.7), the first time i open a scene with a pretty large tilemap, there are visual glitches and a crash. Note! the crash and visual glitches will occur only once and then, after opening the project, the crash an visual glitches will not be reproducible anymore.
- Open this project
- Go to package manager
- Update to URP version 7.1.7
- Open the Overworld scene
- notice the the tile map is glitching
- Zoom out using the mouse scroll wheel
- press play
- you will get a crash
========== OUTPUTTING STACK TRACE ==================
0x00007FF7380C4C28 (Unity) TransformVerticesInnerLoop<0,1,0>
0x00007FF7380E6311 (Unity) TransformVerticesStridedREF
0x00007FF736E640B4 (Unity) TransformVertices
0x00007FF738CD6714 (Unity) TilemapRendererJobs::TilemapRendererGeometryJob::Execute
0x00007FF73813531D (Unity) JobQueue::Exec
0x00007FF738135A7D (Unity) JobQueue::ExecuteJobFromHighPriorityStack
0x00007FF7381375D3 (Unity) JobQueue::ProcessJobs
0x00007FF73813C956 (Unity) JobQueue::WorkLoop
0x00007FF7386869B3 (Unity) Thread::RunThreadWrapper
0x00007FF9B72D7BD4 (KERNEL32) BaseThreadInitThunk
0x00007FF9B8A6CED1 (ntdll) RtlUserThreadStart
========== END OF STACKTRACE ===========
Reproduced when upgrading from 2019.3.0a12, URP version 7.1.2 to 2019.3.0f3, URP version 7.1.6
and from 2019.3.0b4 URP version 7.1.6 to 2019.3.0f4 URP version 7.1.7
and with 2020.1.0a18 and URP version 7.1.7
Note2 - I could only reproduce it with this particular (pretty heavy) scene, and not with smaller scenes with tilemap in them.
Note3 - I wen as back as this version of the project exists on (2019.3.0b8) and just by upgrading it to URP 7.1.6, i get this crash.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Lists auto expand when scrolling down in the Inspector Window
- Graphics.CopyTexture does not work with Texture2DArray when "Texture Quality" is not "Full Res"
- Unity Download Assistant uses the last install path
- Keycodes Less and Greater are not being registered when using GetKeyDown
- GameObjects in the Scene are not selectable when using "w" after painting with Tile Pallete