Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Thumbnails in a Project window get darker after saving scene
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new Unity project
2. Create a cube in a scene
3. Create a prefab from a newly created cube
4. Create new Material
5. Change materials color
6. Add newly created material to a cube
7. Observe both material and cube - colors are light
8. Save the scene
9. Observe both material and cube - colors are darker than before
Expected result: Colors should be the same before and after saving the scene.
Actual result: Thumbnails get darker after saving the scene.
Reproduced with: 2022.1.0a11, 2022.1.0a1, 2021.2.0b14, 2021.2.0a1, 2020.3.19f1, 2020.3.0f1.
Didn't reproduce with: 2019.4.31f1, 2019.4.0f1.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "ArgumentNullException" error in the Console when selecting certain ScriptableObjects and entering Play Mode
- Configurable joints become bouncier when setting "Bounciness" below 1
- Prefabs get corrupted when editing Particle System curves
- Colors on images become darker when enabling "Vertex Color Always in Gamma Color Space"
- Pausing a Visual Effect doesn't pause the “Multiply size over life” effect in the Update Block
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.2):
The lighting settings for the sample sphere in the material thumbnail would change when the scene is saved and a static asset thumbnail image is created and saved - this is now fixed to be consistent both when the material is created and when it is saved.