Search Issue Tracker
[TheLabRenderer] Shader fails to open source file error when it is attached to object at certain conditions
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new project
2. Open Asset Store and import The Lab Renderer project
3. Create a new folder and move TheLabRenderer folder inside of it
4. Create a new Material in the project (Assets-> Create-> Material)
5. Create a new game object in the scene
6. Make sure that scene view is open
7. Draw material to created game object
8. Change Standard shader to Velve/vr_standard
9. It becomes pink and there is an error in the Console "Shader error in 'Valve/vr_standard': failed to open source file: 'vr_utils.cginc' at line 149 (on d3d11)"
Note: If you firstly check the shader on the material while TheLabRenderer folder is in the root of the project it will continue working just fine while replicating these steps.
Not Reproducible: we can no longer reproduce the bug, the shader is out of date and no longer compiles
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Investigate why .meta files are sometimes not parsed right
- Cursor is not locked to Game window when pressing Windows key then clicking the Taskbar and refocusing the Game
- EditorGUIUtility.ShowObjectPicker doesn't allow to pick assets from derived classes
- Disabling and enabling an AudioSource component controlled by a Timeline causes a pop and ignores the mixer settings
- Build Pipeline functions cause a re-execution of the last Async task when called in an Async function