Search Issue Tracker
The Effects button 'skybox, fog, and various other effects' gets toggled off when Play Mode is entered
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new project
2. Enter the Scene View and enable the Effects button
3. Enter the Play Mode (it can be exited immediately after)
Expected result: The Effects button is still enabled (remains unchanged)
Actual result: The Effects button is disabled
Reproducible with: 2020.1.0a24, 2020.1.0b1
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.37f1, 2018.4.19f1, 2019.3.5f1, 2020.1.0a23, 2020.2.0a3
1. The attached image shows the Effects button location (Scene view control bar is slightly different in other Unity versions)
2. If the Effects button is disabled before entering Play Mode, it continues to stay disabled as it would be expected
3. The Effects menu has options to enable or disable rendering effects (Skybox, Fog, Flares...) but whether these are on or off the issue still occurs.
4. Upon creating the project in the versions that the bug reproduces, the Effects button is already disabled. While in the versions that the bug does not reproduce the Effects button is initially enabled.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- OnActiveBuildTargetChanged is not called when changing the build platform
- Silent crash when scripts are recompiled on a specific project
- [Android] Video freezes when built for Android with specific project
- UI element is not displayed when Canvas Render Mode is set to Screen Space-Overlay
- Editor crashes on libetc_init when changing WebGL Texture Format to "RGB + 1-bit Alpha Compressed ETC2 4 bits"