Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.2.X
The Prefab Editing Environment skybox and light data are ignored when entering "Prefab Mode"
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's project
2. Open Scenes > Bug
3. Select "Cube (1)" and enter Prefab Mode
Expected result: Prefab Mode scene looks exactly like the "Prefab-Environment" scene.
Actual result: Prefab Mode loses skybox and light data.
Reproducible with - 2019.2.0a8, 2019.1.0b7, 2018.3.9f1
Could not test with - 2017.4 (No nested prefabs)
Dec 14, 2021 19:37
It doesn't work in 2020.3.24 HDRP. Prefab preview scene is black, without skybox and lights.
Apr 14, 2020 00:36
Still happening in 2019.2.3f1.
Feb 10, 2020 15:39
If anybody encounters the issue. Try deleting the "Library" folder and restarting Unity. This worked for me. It seems like the old prefab environment was being cached.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Errors are thrown after redoing Nested Prefab Variant creation
- Documentation Link does not work when the "VFX Condition" question mark button is clicked
- Documentation Link does not work when the "Spawn State" question mark button is clicked
- Darker lighting in Build when disabling SSAO at runtime
- Animation glitches when using animation layering with base layer transition interruption
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.1):
Skybox and lighting for Prefab Mode environment scenes now works correctly. This requires the lighting settings of the environment scene to have Auto Bake disabled.