Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
Fixed in 2019.2, 2019.3
Physics2D.BoxCast doesn't detect the "Edge Collider 2D" when hitting the Collider's corner
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project's ("case_1190905-Project.zip") Scene labeled "IssueScene"
2. Enter the Play Mode
3. Press the Right Arrow key on the keyboard a few times
4. Observe the Game View
Expected result: there's a collision point shown on the corner of the Edge Collider
Actual result: the corner of the Edge Collider is ignored and the cube passes it
Reproduced in: 2017.4.33f1, 2018.4.11f1, 2019.2.10f1, 2019.3.0b7, 2020.1.0a9
Note: there's no issue when the corners of the Collider and the Raycast is not at the same height
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Editor freezes when recompiling scrips in Play Mode
- Shuriken particles depth offset is not working(has no affect) when 'Renderer Alignment' is set to 'View'
- [InputSystem] InputSystem is not initialized when run in `-batchmode`
- Assertion failed on expression: 'rs->textureID == realRS->textureID'
- Asset path and filename is missing when warning about self-intersecting polygon is thrown