Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2021.2.X
The first Keyboard Input is Ignored and stored for later when renaming Assets causing all Keyboard Inputs to become mixed
1. Download the attached project "New Unity Project.zip" and open it in Unity
2. In Project view create a Folder or another Asset
3. Try to change its name
Expected Results: You can easily change Asset name and Unity Editor correctly detects Keyboard Input
Actual Results: First Keyboard Input is Ignored and Stored for later causing Asset renaming to become mixed
- This issue only happens on macOS systems
- For example, if you press the "L" key on Keyboard, it becomes ignored, then if you press another Key like the "Delete", in Unity Editor you can see that the "L" symbol is printed, then you can press for example the "A" key and observe that the "L" symbol is deleted and if you press then Key like the "T" or another key, you can see that the "A" symbol is printed.
- Its sounds like the first Input is ignored and stored for later causing all Keyboard Inputs to become mixed
Reproducible on Unity 2021.2.0b17 and 2022.1.0a13
Not reproducible on Unity 2021.1.27f1, 2021.2.0b16 and 2022.1.0a12
Regression on Unity 2021.2.0b17 and 2022.1.0a13
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- OnActiveBuildTargetChanged is not called when changing the build platform
- Silent crash when scripts are recompiled on a specific project
- [Android] Video freezes when built for Android with specific project
- UI element is not displayed when Canvas Render Mode is set to Screen Space-Overlay
- Editor crashes on libetc_init when changing WebGL Texture Format to "RGB + 1-bit Alpha Compressed ETC2 4 bits"