Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
The Cursor is visible when Cursor.visible is set to false and new InputSystem package is used
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached "case_1273522.zip" project and SampleScene scene
2. Enter the Play mode
3. Keep the Cursor above the Game view until the Play mode starts
4. Hover with the mouse on the Game view
Expected result: Cursor is not visible
Actual result: Cursor is visible
Reproducible with: 2018.4.27f1, 2019.4.9f1, 2020.1.4f1, 2020.2.0b1 (InputSystem 0.1.2-preview - 1.1.0-preview.1)
1. The "Cursor.visible = false" does not work only if entering the Play Mode while the mouse is not in the Game view
2. Only happens when the Active Input Handler setting is set to "Input System Package", setting it to "Both" fixes the issue
Dec 17, 2021 03:44
This still persists in 2020.1.17f1, but the notes said its fixed in 2020.1.
Feb 28, 2021 09:50
Hello. it is also found in 2019.4.12f1 which I am using right now also using input system.
Oct 21, 2020 00:52
Actually it looks like cursor visibility does not always work in builds. If the game runs in windowed mode, the cursor sometimes still stays visible when starting the game (same behaviour as described above). Using Unity 2020.1.9f1 (but this also happened with all previous 2020.1 versions).
Haven't tried using "Both" Input Handler in builds yet (but of course that's no viable solution).
Sep 09, 2020 01:58
I'm getting the same problem on 2020.1.4f1.
Sep 08, 2020 19:24
Thanks for the workaround in note no. 2, I would like to add that sometimes it starts to work again with unknown conditions, then returns to being visible. Additionally, cursor visibility always works as it should in builds.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
- UI Document button's text does not resize relatively when size in percentage (%) is used
- Event.current.mousePosition has an offset of 1px along the y-axis in WebGL build when the mouse button is released
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
Fixed in: 2021.2.0a6
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.1):
Fixed in: 2021.1.0b9
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.3):
Fixed in: 2020.3.0f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.4):
Fixed in: 2019.4.30f1