Search Issue Tracker
Postponed means that the issue was either a feature request or something that requires major refactoring on our side. Since that makes the issue not actionable in the close future we choose to close it as Postponed and add it on our internal roadmaps and technical debt pages instead.
The amount of mesh trees being rendered does not change when changing the Max Mesh Trees value
Steps to reproduce :
- create a new project
- create a terrain and a tree
- in the terrain component open the Place Tree option
- add the tree
- select Mass Place Trees
- in the settings panel of the terrain change the max mesh trees value and notice that it does not change the amount of mesh trees being rendered
Regression from 4.2.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Mar 03, 2014 12:09
Basing on the performance profiling I and others did, the only workaround is to go back to a pre 4.3 version as it seems to be caused by the switch to a new version of its Umbra integration that seems to handle more than it used to and part of it obviously with bad performance unless you bake occlusion culling data which is pro only and impossible for outdoor until Unity Editor is 64bit to even bake meshes for oclusion calculations for outdoor scenarios.
Feb 24, 2014 11:31
Is there a work around for this at all?