Search Issue Tracker
Fix In Review for 2022.2.X
Planned for 2020.3.X, 2021.3.X, 2022.1.X
Textures are not compressed when building bundles
How to reproduce:
1. Open users attached project
2. Open Edit > Preferences > Asset Pipeline and enable Compress Assets on Import
3. Click Build > AssetBundles - active target
4. Observe the png asset in the Assets folder (shown size is 5.3 MB)
5. Disable Compress Assets on Import
6. Click Build > AssetBundles - active target
7. Open Editor.log and locate "Player size statistics"
Expected result: Textures size is 5.3 MB
Actual result: Textures size is 21.3 MB
Reproducible with: 2021.1.0a8, 2021.2.16f1, 2021.3.0f1, 2022.1.0b14, 2022.2.0a10
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.36f1, 2020.3.32f1, 2021.1.0a7
Note: In Unity 2021.1.0a8 and below the Compress Assets on Import option is in General and not in Asset Pipeline
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux] "SSL handshake Failed" In Bug Reporter after clicking "Send"
- High polling rate mice are causing performance issues
- [WebGL] Bad performance when playing in Safari
- Resolution is reset when the Player is restarted
- [Android] Object movement stutters on Android even with constant Time.deltaTime