Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2021.1.X, 2021.2.X
[Texture] Texture2D.LoadImage always returns true and sets the texture to question mark if loading failed
1. Open project in "LoadTest.zip"
2. Open SampleScene
3. Enter Play Mode
Expected result: A white texture is displayed, because heic format is not supported (the Texture2D.LoadImage will return false in ImageLoader.cs, and the loading will fail)
Actual result: A texture with a question mark is displayed (even though heic format is not supported Texture2D.LoadImage will return true)
Reproducible with: 2019.4.27f1, 2020.3.9f1, 2021.1.8f1, 2021.2.0a18
Could not test with 2018.4.35f1 (scene breaks)
Note: https://docs.unity3d.com/540/Documentation/ScriptReference/Texture2D.LoadImage.html documentation for Texture2D.LoadImage says that it will return false when it fails to load the image, but it always returns true
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Baked Lightmaps preview is faded than in the Preview window
- [2D] Sorting Layer Order in Layer key resets to 0 in Animation window and in Inspector.
- [iOS] UIToolkit Border Renders Incorrectly
- deadlock in AssetDatabase_AcceleratorClient_Scheduling.ScheduledRequest_Status_InProgress
- Texture Compression settings on Android and WebGL Platforms are reset to default when building the project using a script