Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2021.1.X, 2021.2.X
[Texture] Texture2D.LoadImage always returns true and sets the texture to question mark if loading failed
1. Open project in "LoadTest.zip"
2. Open SampleScene
3. Enter Play Mode
Expected result: A white texture is displayed, because heic format is not supported (the Texture2D.LoadImage will return false in ImageLoader.cs, and the loading will fail)
Actual result: A texture with a question mark is displayed (even though heic format is not supported Texture2D.LoadImage will return true)
Reproducible with: 2019.4.27f1, 2020.3.9f1, 2021.1.8f1, 2021.2.0a18
Could not test with 2018.4.35f1 (scene breaks)
Note: https://docs.unity3d.com/540/Documentation/ScriptReference/Texture2D.LoadImage.html documentation for Texture2D.LoadImage says that it will return false when it fails to load the image, but it always returns true
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform