Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3
Fixed in 2019.1, 2019.2
Texture streaming loads wrong mipmap levels when the associated Transforms' scale is not equal to one
How to reproduce:
1. Open the project "case_1139189-TexStreamTest" and scene "SampleScene"
2. Enter Play Mode
3. Observe the Game View
Expected result: the textures used on the "woodenBoard1" and "FireEscapeDoor" GameObjects are high resolution
Actual result: "woodenBoard1" and "FireEscapeDoor" GameObjects have smaller than optimal textures streamed in even though the texture budget would allow it (the percentage of space used can be seen in the texture streaming summary in the Game View)
Reproducible with: 2018.3.10f1, 2019.1.0b9, 2019.2.0a10
Could not test with: 2017.4.24f1 (no texture streaming), 2018.3.0a5 (the repro project's prefabs break due to unavailability of nested prefabs)
Note: the objects which have a scale smaller than one have mipmaps streamed that are smaller than optimal. This results in blurry textures even though there is still texture budget available. As such the GameObject with a scale of 1 in all axes does not suffer from this problem
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Can't select sRGB color format for Render Texture on HDRP project
- Built player takes multiple seconds to shut down
- Wireframe flicker and quad shaped artifacts on terrain trees using Mac Metal.
- Spamming error: `GLSL: Shader cannot be patched for instancing.` When enabling terrain Draw Instanced option in desktop OpenGL.
- [Mono, Debugger] VS 2019 debugger detaches when the Trace.TraceInformation is called with a specific string