Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
[Texture Sheet] Particles using Texture Sheet Animations loop back to first frame before they dissapear
Particle Systems using texture sheet animations often loop back and display the first frame before they die.
1. Open Particles scene from attached project
2. Select Particle System from hierarchy and simulate the system in the scene view.
3. Observe how after reaching "4" (last frame), the particle goes back to "1" before it dissapears.
3b. If it doesn't happen at the first try, play it again. Typically 2-3 plays tops would show the issue.
Expected outcome: particle to end at end frame.
- the issue is quite apparent with explosions, as they start out quite bright (see attached gif)
- workaround would be to manually clip the time so the last frame is displayed and held before the end of the particle lifetime.
- not a regression, appears in 5.3.1f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Crash in StackAllocator::TryDeallocate when calling ParticleSystemRenderer.BakeMesh
- Modifying scoped registries in project manifest does not update Package Manager UI window
- Models change their position in scene when reimporting them in 2019.4
- Texture 'Read/Write' option does not double the memory in Profiler
- [Particle System] Ribbon trails are connected in the wrong order when moving the Particle System with faster movements