Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.3.0f3
Texture set to Normal Map with alpha information gets red colour overlay
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open User attached project "EditorGUI.zip"
2. Inspect the Texture in the project window and set its type to "Normal Map"
3. Texture preview is reddish in color
Expected: Texture should be transparent and no red color appears randomly
Actual: The preview shows the texture shaded red and the preview in the project window sometimes breaks as well
Reproduced on Windows 10 D3D11 and D3D9, MacOS 10.12.2 Metal and OpenGL
Reproduced on Unity versions: 2017.1.0b4, 2017.1.0b8, 2017.1.0p2, 2017.2.0b5, 2017.3.0a2
Regression introduced in 2017.1.0b2
Doesn't reproduce on 5.6.3f1, 2017.1.0b1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- EditorGUILayout.PropertyField does not work for Vector4
- Absolute paths from included packages cannot be converted to virtual paths in Assets/Packages
- Crash in VCProvider when upgrading project from 18.3 to 19.1 and 19.2
- Android Vulkan corrupted rendering when there is no camera in the scene
- Creating mesh assets produces broken blendshapes