Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.3.0f3
Fixed in 2017.1, 2017.2
Texture set to Normal Map with alpha information gets red colour overlay
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open User attached project "EditorGUI.zip"
2. Inspect the Texture in the project window and set its type to "Normal Map"
3. Texture preview is reddish in color
Expected: Texture should be transparent and no red color appears randomly
Actual: The preview shows the texture shaded red and the preview in the project window sometimes breaks as well
Reproduced on Windows 10 D3D11 and D3D9, MacOS 10.12.2 Metal and OpenGL
Reproduced on Unity versions: 2017.1.0b4, 2017.1.0b8, 2017.1.0p2, 2017.2.0b5, 2017.3.0a2
Regression introduced in 2017.1.0b2
Doesn't reproduce on 5.6.3f1, 2017.1.0b1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] ASTC HDR check may cause issues with RenderDoc
- [CPULM] Enabling indirect denoising and gaussian AO filter causes bright halos
- [Android]APK fails to be registered when building using Keystore with the build
- Fix doc and typo in Scene TemplatePipeline
- Analytics spams error console when it cannot connect