Search Issue Tracker
Found in [Package]
TextMeshPro underlay does not render correctly when loading the font and enabling underlay in code
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project
2. Click Play
3. Observe the Game View
Expected result: You can see the underlay completely
Actual result: The underlay is slightly cut off
Reproducible with: 1.4.1 - 3.0.4 (2018.4.33f1, 2019.4.23f1, 2020.3.4f1, 2021.1.3f1, 2021.2.0a13)
1. To see expected results select the Text in the Scene Hierarchy and in the Inspector expand the underlay tab
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
- UI Document button's text does not resize relatively when size in percentage (%) is used
- Event.current.mousePosition has an offset of 1px along the y-axis in WebGL build when the mouse button is released
This behavior is by design in the sense that the text object has no idea the material properties have been changed. Since some material properties like Outline or Underlay may require an update of the text geometry to make room for the Outline or Shadow, the text object needs to be notified of such change which would require an update of the text geometry and mesh padding.
The TMP_Text.UpdateMeshPadding() function should be used after the material properties have been changed to notify the text object that it should update the mesh padding.