Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 1.5.0 & 2.1.0
Found in [Package]
[TextMeshPro] Editor exits when "Overflow" property is changed from dropdown of a Text Gameobject which is linked to itself
A Text Gameobject which is linked to itself cause Editor to exit when overflow dropdown is changed from Linked to any other option from the dropdown also StackOverflowException thrown and editor freezes sometimes without exits. Refer attached video.
Steps to repro:
1. Create a new project
2. Window > TextMeshPro > Import TMP Essential Resources
3. Hierarchy > right-click > 3D Object > Text - TextMeshPro
4. Click on "TextMeshPro Text" object in Hierarchy
5. Select the "Linked" option from "Overflow" drop-down under "Text Mesh Pro UGUI (Script)" component in Inspector
6. Linked Same Text (TMP) object or Darg and Drop Text(TMP) from Hierarchy
7. Change the Overflow Dropdown options
Editor exits when "Overflow" property is changed from dropdown of a Text Gameobject which is linked to itself.
Any Property from Overflow dropdown can be selected of a self linked text object without causing the editor to exit or self linking should be blocked with a warning message.
2019.3.0a12, 2019.2.1f1, 2019.1.0f2, 2018.3.0f2
Package Version reproducible: 2.0.1, 1.4.1, 1.3.0, 1.2.0
Windows 10 and macOS 10.14
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
- UI Document button's text does not resize relatively when size in percentage (%) is used
- Event.current.mousePosition has an offset of 1px along the y-axis in WebGL build when the mouse button is released