Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 1.5.0 & 2.1.0
Found in [Package]
[TextMeshPro] Editor exits when "Overflow" property is changed from dropdown of a Text Gameobject which is linked to itself
A Text Gameobject which is linked to itself cause Editor to exit when overflow dropdown is changed from Linked to any other option from the dropdown also StackOverflowException thrown and editor freezes sometimes without exits. Refer attached video.
Steps to repro:
1. Create a new project
2. Window > TextMeshPro > Import TMP Essential Resources
3. Hierarchy > right-click > 3D Object > Text - TextMeshPro
4. Click on "TextMeshPro Text" object in Hierarchy
5. Select the "Linked" option from "Overflow" drop-down under "Text Mesh Pro UGUI (Script)" component in Inspector
6. Linked Same Text (TMP) object or Darg and Drop Text(TMP) from Hierarchy
7. Change the Overflow Dropdown options
Editor exits when "Overflow" property is changed from dropdown of a Text Gameobject which is linked to itself.
Any Property from Overflow dropdown can be selected of a self linked text object without causing the editor to exit or self linking should be blocked with a warning message.
2019.3.0a12, 2019.2.1f1, 2019.1.0f2, 2018.3.0f2
Package Version reproducible: 2.0.1, 1.4.1, 1.3.0, 1.2.0
Windows 10 and macOS 10.14
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Building 3D Sample Scenes (URP) Project fails
- Alpha channel is disabled when Alpha Clip Threshold is set to 0
- The Physics 2D Profiler module does not display the information about processed physics in the scene when profiling the application as a Development Build
- A Script Component that has a serialized custom class is not detecting changes in the first boolean variable when entering the Play mode with the Script Components GameObject opened in the Inspector
- “SendMessage cannot be called during Awake“ warnings appear when loading a scene with “LoadSceneAsync“ if using UI Toolkit in the scene