Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 3.2.0-pre.2
Found in [Package]
TextMeshPro Distance Field Overlay shader invisible in HDRP
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a scene using Create -> HD Template Scene. Open the scene
2. Create a new TextMeshPro (TMP) 3D object and new TMP UI object
3. Create a new material with shader type set to TMP/DistanceField Overlay apply it to TMP 3D Object
4. Select TMP UI object and set the shader type of its default material to TMP/DistanceField Overlay
5. Observe that shader is invisible.
The object turns invisible both in world space and screen space.
NOTE: Shader works fine on the same Unity version but without SRP.
Oct 22, 2021 19:47
I'm using unity 2019.4.9f1, HDRP 7.5.1.
If you want to render world space text at top of the screen, this solution worked for me (changing one code from existing TMP shader)
Sep 21, 2021 20:40
Still broken in 2021.1.21f1, TextMeshPro 3.0.6
Jul 26, 2021 16:02
Latest and greatest in July 2021... still broken. :(
Apr 07, 2021 20:36
can confirm this is still present in Unity 2021.1.1f1
Sep 09, 2020 08:03
Unity 2020.20b1 Beta
Problem still exists.
Feb 08, 2020 23:39
Reproduced myself as well. This is quite inconvenient.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [HDRP] Decal Projector with layer mask "nothing" doesn't affect transparent objects when Decal Layers are disabled in frame settings
- "MonoBehaviour.OnApplicationQuit" is still called when quitting is canceled by “Application.wantsToQuit“ returning false
- [2D SG/VFX] Surface options are not shown in Output Inspector when 2D Sprite SG is assigned to VFX
- Collisions are incorrectly registered when setting a joint motor every frame causes
- Terrain shadows flicker while moving the Camera in the Player when Terrain contains GPU instanced materials
Resolution Note (fix version 3.2.0-pre.2):