Search Issue Tracker
Terrain Trees snap to random rotations when using a mixture of GPU Instancing and moving the Camera in Play Mode
1. Open the attached "SpeedTreeIssue.zip" project
2. In the Project window navigate to the "SpeedTrees" folder
3. Ensure that one of the Tree Materials has GPU Instancing enabled ("fir_tree_01_new_LOD0") and one has not ("pine_tree_01_LOD0")
4. Enter Play Mode
5. Observe the fir Trees while moving the Camera in Game/Scene view
Expected result: Trees do not snap to random rotations
Actual result: The fir Trees snap to random rotations
Reproducible with: 2019.4.32f1, 2020.3.21f1, 2021.1.26f1, 2021.2.0b16, 2022.1.0a12
- Not reproducible when all Tree Materials have GPU Instancing enabled/disabled
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- deadlock in AssetDatabase_AcceleratorClient_Scheduling.ScheduledRequest_Status_InProgress
- Texture Compression settings on Android and WebGL Platforms are reset to default when building the project using a script
- Camera active Texture is not written if another camera has a Script using "OnRenderImage"
- The Camera's background color is white when the device Appearance is "Light Mode"
- Some GameObjects ignore the Default Parent when creating them in the Hierarchy