Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Terrain grass animation speed increases when calling different Camera render methods
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's attached project
2. Open scene GrassSpeedBug/GrassSpeedBug
3. Select the GameObject "Bug" in the Hierarchy window
4. In the Inspector view under "Grass Speed Bug (Script)", set the Mode to "None"
5. Press the Play button
6. Observe the grass animation speed in the Game view
7. Press the Play button again to stop the game
8. Set the Mode to "Render Camera"
9. Press the Play button
10. Observe the grass animation speed
11. Press the Play button again to stop the game
12. Set the Mode to "Render Cubemap"
13. Press the Play button
14. Observe the grass animation speed
Expected result: grass movement speed always stays the same
Actual result: grass movement speed increases around twice on Camera.Render(), and increases several times more on Camera.RenderWithCubemap()
Reproducible with: 2019.4.29f1, 2020.3.16f1, 2021.1.17f1, 2021.2.0b7, 2022.1.0a5
Notes: not reproducible in the Scene view
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform