Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Terrain does not cast Shadows when "Draw Instanced" option is enabled in the Terrain Settings
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project
2. Open the Scene labeled "SampleScene"
3. Select the "Terrain" GameObject in the Hierarchy
4. Go to the Terrain Component Settings through the Inspector
5. In the Terrain Settings under the "Basic Terrain" tab enable the "Draw Instanced"
Expected result: Shadows look the same as without the "Draw Instanced" enabled.
Actual result: Terrain does not cast a Shadow.
Reproducible in: 2018.4.12f1, 2019.2.11f1, 2019.3.0b9, 2020.1.0a11
Couldn't test in Unity 2017.4 (No "Draw Instanced" option under the Terrain settings)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Quest 2] Surface shader and multi-view sampling custom textures broken in Quest 2
- Lighting Data asset is not created when baking multiple Scenes at the same time
- Performance issues when instantiating a recognizer under UnityEngine.Windows.Speech
- Build fails with "Exception: Unity.IL2CPP.Building.BuilderFailedException: Build failed with 0 successful nodes and 0 failed ones" when building the project for iOS
- [Android] .aab Build fails when using Asset Bundles