Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Terrain does not cast Shadows when "Draw Instanced" option is enabled in the Terrain Settings
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project
2. Open the Scene labeled "SampleScene"
3. Select the "Terrain" GameObject in the Hierarchy
4. Go to the Terrain Component Settings through the Inspector
5. In the Terrain Settings under the "Basic Terrain" tab enable the "Draw Instanced"
Expected result: Shadows look the same as without the "Draw Instanced" enabled.
Actual result: Terrain does not cast a Shadow.
Reproducible in: 2018.4.12f1, 2019.2.11f1, 2019.3.0b9, 2020.1.0a11
Couldn't test in Unity 2017.4 (No "Draw Instanced" option under the Terrain settings)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform