Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Terrain does not cast Shadows when "Draw Instanced" option is enabled in the Terrain Settings
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project
2. Open the Scene labeled "SampleScene"
3. Select the "Terrain" GameObject in the Hierarchy
4. Go to the Terrain Component Settings through the Inspector
5. In the Terrain Settings under the "Basic Terrain" tab enable the "Draw Instanced"
Expected result: Shadows look the same as without the "Draw Instanced" enabled.
Actual result: Terrain does not cast a Shadow.
Reproducible in: 2018.4.12f1, 2019.2.11f1, 2019.3.0b9, 2020.1.0a11
Couldn't test in Unity 2017.4 (No "Draw Instanced" option under the Terrain settings)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The terrain appears darker when "Per-pixel Normal" is enabled
- [Linux] Editor assertion causes Test Runner to fail when executing it in Batch Mode
- Color selection by the mouse cursor is still enabled when the "Esc" button is pressed
- Game view becomes black and the Scene window becomes grey, “ArgumentOutOfRangeException” errors and “Render Pipeline error” warnings appear after changing the name or deleting URP/HDRP global settings file
- Transform Component is not accessible inside the Player when RuntimeInitializeOnLoadMethod is used
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.1):
Fixed in Unity 2021.1.0a10 and above