Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1
Terrain does not cast Shadows when "Draw Instanced" option is enabled in the Terrain Settings
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project
2. Open the Scene labeled "SampleScene"
3. Select the "Terrain" GameObject in the Hierarchy
4. Go to the Terrain Component Settings through the Inspector
5. In the Terrain Settings under the "Basic Terrain" tab enable the "Draw Instanced"
Expected result: Shadows look the same as without the "Draw Instanced" enabled.
Actual result: Terrain does not cast a Shadow.
Reproducible in: 2018.4.12f1, 2019.2.11f1, 2019.3.0b9, 2020.1.0a11
Couldn't test in Unity 2017.4 (No "Draw Instanced" option under the Terrain settings)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [iOS] SystemInfo.systemMemorySize returns negative values
- [Physics Debugger] Colliders are visualized even if their Layer is not selected in the Show Layers property
- Crash on PAL_LocalIPC_IsConnected when IPC fails on launch
- [UWP] Builds fail with Rewired
- [macOS] Video Player's 5.1 audio channel layout is incorrect when outputting to Audio Source