Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Target Strength appears to be way too strong
Either the usable range is set incorrectly for Target Strength or Painting is being set to too high of a value.
1. Launch Unity Editor Version: 2020.1.0b9.3653
2. Create a Terrain
3. Create a Prefab of a Sphere
4. Select the Terrain then go to Paint Details
5. Add the Sphere as a detail mesh
6. Without changing any painting settings, paint the sphere onto the Terrain.
The paint brush defaults to being far too strong, either because the range is set incorrectly or the Target Strength variable is being multiplied unexpectedly.
The Target Strength setting would have a more reasonable range of painting associated with it.
In the attached image painting of Spheres on to the Terrain appear to be disappearing because it appears the objects are hitting an upper limit and causing an unexpected behavior where the previous painted spheres disappear.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Description of the Surface Effector 2D "Use Contact Force" option contains a typo
- Incorrect Burst Exception Control Flow in Editor due to Mono Handling of calli instruction
- [Linux] Packman options to add package from Git URL doesn't always show the window directly below the + button
- "UnityEngine.SystemInfo.processorFrequency" logs a value of 0 on M1 macs
- Editor redirects to a broken page when pressing question mark "?" in the Inspector window