Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Target Strength appears to be way too strong
Either the usable range is set incorrectly for Target Strength or Painting is being set to too high of a value.
1. Launch Unity Editor Version: 2020.1.0b9.3653
2. Create a Terrain
3. Create a Prefab of a Sphere
4. Select the Terrain then go to Paint Details
5. Add the Sphere as a detail mesh
6. Without changing any painting settings, paint the sphere onto the Terrain.
The paint brush defaults to being far too strong, either because the range is set incorrectly or the Target Strength variable is being multiplied unexpectedly.
The Target Strength setting would have a more reasonable range of painting associated with it.
In the attached image painting of Spheres on to the Terrain appear to be disappearing because it appears the objects are hitting an upper limit and causing an unexpected behavior where the previous painted spheres disappear.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Runtime theme's text color and font-size cannot be overridden from user stylesheets using :root selector
- Serialized attribute cannot be focused and written in when it goes after "TextArea" field
- Crash when dragging Prefab into scene
- DrawMeshInstancedProcedural is using only baked Reflection Probes Cubemaps when Forward Rendering Path is used
- Setting the Camera.targetTexture through a script will cause the depth buffer to start clearing between camera renders