Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.4.X
Fixed in 2019.1.X, 2019.2.X
Taking Editor sample adds up released render textures memory usage
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "RenderTexture Test.zip" project
2. Open the "SampleScene.unity" scene
3. Open Profiler
4. Select Memory tab
5. Select Detailed view
6. Press "Take Sample Editor"
7. Check the "RenderTexture" memory usage under the "Scene Memory"
8. Select "Main Camera" in the Hierarchy
9. Disable/Enable the camera for a few times (Check the console to see how script creates/releases render textures)
10. Take Editor sample again
Actual result: The sample's RenderTexture count and memory used is increasing.
Reproducible with: 2019.1.0a13, 2018.3.1f1, 2018.2.20f1, 2018.1.9f2, 2017.4.17f1.
Entering play mode resets the memory used by Render Textures.
The issue is a cosmetic issue since the ram is not actually used.
Fixed in 2019.3.0a3, 2019.2.0b4, 2019.1.8f1, 2018.4.2f1.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Mesh.GetIndexBuffer() requires Mesh's 'Read/Write' flag to be enabled to get its index buffer data in Builds
- [Backport] [Sprite Atlas V1] Editor crashes when calling SpriteAtlasUtility.PackAtlases
- Deterministic builds have different files when built from the same project
- PlayerBuildInterface.ExtraTypesProvider no longer provides types to IL2CPP
- Touch input is reset in Device Simulator when Unity Remote is killed