Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.2
Fixed in 2017.4, 2018.3, 2019.1
"Sub-emitters must be children of the system that spawns them" error is shown even though sub-emitters are correctly parented
How to reproduce:
1. Open "EmitterIssue" project and "test stage 1..." scene
2. Enter playmode and pause it
3. Observe "Sub-emitters must be children of the system that spawns them" error appearing
4. Double click on the error in the console, it highlights "Debris" GameObject that has two sub-emitters "DebrisSmoke" and "DerisFire" that are correctly parented under "Debris" GameObject
Expected result: Error should not be shown, since "DebrisSmoke" and "DerisFire" sub-emitters are correctly parented under "Debris" GameObject as required in 5.6+ versions
Regression introduced in - 2017.2.0b1
Reproducible with - 2017.3.0a7, 2017.2.0b11, 2017.2.0b1
Not reproducible with - 2017.1.0p2, 2017.2.0a4
Note - Deleting some of the "MediumExplosionFX" prefabs, fixes the issue
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Editor freezes when recompiling scrips in Play Mode
- Shuriken particles depth offset is not working(has no affect) when 'Renderer Alignment' is set to 'View'
- [InputSystem] InputSystem is not initialized when run in `-batchmode`
- Assertion failed on expression: 'rs->textureID == realRS->textureID'
- Asset path and filename is missing when warning about self-intersecting polygon is thrown