Search Issue Tracker
Sub-canvas with "Override Sorting" enabled is not rendered after disabling the parent Canvas and entering Play mode
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "toggle-root-canvas.zip" and scene "toggle-root-canvas"
2. In the Hierarchy window, select parent "Canvas" object
3. In the Inspector window, observe that "Canvas" component is disabled
4. In the Hierarchy window, select child "Canvas" object
5. In the Inspector window, observe that "Canvas" component is enabled and "Override Sorting" is enabled (the issue - child Canvas should be rendered/visible)
6. Enter Play mode (neither red or white cube is visible)
7. In Game View, press on "Toggle" button to enable the parent "Canvas" component
8. In Game View, press on "Toggle" button again to disable the parent "Canvas" component
Expected result: in the Game View, the red cube is always visible
Actual result: The red cube is only visible when enabling and disabling parent Canvas
Reproducible with: 2017.4.24f1, 2018.3.13f1, 2019.1.0f2, 2019.2.0a11
Low priority defect for the moment. This bug is unlikely to be fixed in the near future.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Tile Map] Default cursor doesn't change to resize cursor on hovering over Default brush section in Tile Palette window
- After light bake, when light is switched from Baked to Realtime - it does not emit any light
- Multi-material list ordering does not respect DCC material ordering
- Timeline Track Clip locks to the Timeline cursor's position when moving it in the Timeline Asset
- [Particles] Infinite lifetime + prewarm causes errors