Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1
Fixed in 2018.4, 2019.4, 2020.1, 2020.2
streaming of mp3 files is not supported when PC, Mac & Linux Standalone platform is selected
1. Download and open the attached project "1224487.zip"
2. Open the Sample Scene
3. Enter Play mode
4. Press "Select File" and select Birds.mp3 file in SoundFiles folder of the archive
5. Press "Play"
Expected result: No errors are thrown
Actual result: Error indicating that streaming of mp3 is not supported is thrown
Reproduces on: 2017.4.38f1, 2018.4.19f1, 2019.3.5f1, 2020.1.0b1, 2020.2.0a2
The issue does not reproduce if the build platform is changed to Android.
Could not test on Unity 2017.4 due to Console errors and missing Component references in the reproduction project.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [IL2CPP] UnityLinker error when building
- [macOS] VideoPlayer.clockTime gets stuck for a few frames when starting to play a video
- VideoPlayer.StepForward() does not VideoPlayer.OnFrameReady when using a non-transcoded video
- [Android] A few frames of audio is played when VideoPlayer.Prepare() is called with audio output mode set to Audio Source
- [Android] Audio is only stopped after a delay when VideoPlayer.Pause() is called